Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, March 16, 2009

The follow-up story...

So, as a follow-up to the "Young Marrieds" Fireside, since I know you have been waiting in anticipation all week to hear this... after all was said and done there were 6 gallons of chocolate and 2 gallons of white milk, about 8 doz. cookies and some bananas left over. No donuts or grapes! They had about 120 people come, but it lasted for over 2 hours! Although it was really informative, 2 hours after being in meetings all day, is about an hour too long! Several people left around 8:30 PM because they had baby-sitters that they had to get home (it was a school night). So Jeff's planning would have been fairly accurate if everyone had stayed for refreshments. Jared, Ryan and Amy all took cookies and milk home so we only ended up with 2 white and 2 chocolate milk and 2 doz. cookies all of which the boys enjoyed for the rest of the work week!

This was Justin's response to the email I sent him about the fireside:
"I hope you´re enjoying the 12 dozen donuts and milk (I literally laughed out loud in the Internet center when I read about Mom wanting a centerpiece with the cookies and milk---and just so you know Dad, I was thinking about putting the gallon of milk on the table as well)."
Obviously, I haven't taught him enough about women!

1 comment:

  1. I really laughed when I read your first post! That's exactly what just about every man I know would do if assigned refreshments...I mean after all setting up a table is a pretty big task in and of itself! Sounds like it all turned out fine and I'm sure your boys didn't complain about having to help eat the extras!

    ReplyDelete